LA HAP staff is currently working on applications from
applicants whose eligibility end date is
as well as new and returning applicants who submitted
applications in September.
Because ongoing changes in our internal review process make
it difficult to track individual applications, please see Ramsell or
call LA HAP for the most up-to-date status of an application.
Stay up to date on all
things LA HAP by
reading our Bulletins.
WHAT IS LA HAP?
LA HAP stands for Louisiana Health Access Program, which is the ADAP for the state of Louisiana. ADAP stands for AIDS Drug Assistance Program, a funding source available to every state through the federal Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) that can be used to provide access to medications for uninsured individuals and assistance with cost shares for insured individuals. Assistance is provided through two LA HAP components know as L-DAP and HIP.
• LDAP stands for LOUISIANA DRUG ASSISTANCE PROGRAM and covers drug costs for uninsured individuals as well as drug copays, coinsurances, & deductibles for insured individuals.
• HIP stands for the HEALTH INSURANCE PROGRAM and covers insurance plan premiums as well as non-drug copays, coinsurances, & deductibles for insured individuals.
A SINGLE APPLICATION is used to apply for all services.
LA HAP STAFF
LA HAP is run by the
Program (SHP), a division of the Louisiana Office of Public Health.
• Jennifer Carlos Gomez, ADAP Coordinator, 504-568-5448
• Melody Brown, Client Services Specialist Supervisor, 504-568-7477
• Alicia Cooke, Capacity Building/Training Specialist, 504-568-7474
• Catherine Bauske,
Client Services Specialist, 504-568-2450
• Alicia Winbush-Gladden, Client Services Specialist, 504-568-8749
• Erin Jensen, Client Services Specialist, 504-568-3623
• Cherrika Lewis, Client Services Specialist
• Jan Mandani, Client Services Specialist, 504-680-9403
• Elias Mohr, Client Services Specialist, 504-568-8750
HOW DO I ENROLL?
To enroll in LA HAP contact a case manager at your local
community based organization (CBO), a social
services staff person at the LSU medical center, or LA HAP staff
directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also complete your own application