Medicaid Expansion 2016
On January 12th, 2016, Governor John Bel Edwards signed an executive order providing for the expansion of Medicaid coverage to most individuals in Louisiana below 138% of the Federal Poverty Guideline.
LA HAP Medicaid transition policy
- Medicaid provides comprehensive health coverage, including inpatient hospital care. If you have Medicaid, you don't need LA HAP coverage.
- You can apply for Medicaid here.
Summary of Medicaid enrollment progress by LA HAP partner agencies
Counts of LA HAP clients per assisting agency enrolled in Medicaid, or eligible for Medicaid but not yet enrolled. Updated 9/12/16.
- LA HAP and Medicaid (updated 7/8/16)
- Medicaid Expansion- general (based on ongoing Medicaid provider calls)
- Enrollment for SNAP beneficiaries
LA HAP Medicaid Introduction Letter for Uninsured
Generic letter sent in July to all uninsured LA HAP clients below 150% FPL informing them that program eligiblity is changing and that they are potentially eligible for Medicaid
LA HAP Recertification Letter
Generic letter included in recertification packets for all clients explaining Medicaid expansion
- Letters sent to Medicaid active/eligible clients upon recertification:
- My Healthy Louisiana Passport: a tool for selecting a Medicaid plan
- Plan Comparison Chart: the 5 Medicaid ("Healthy Louisiana") plans