LA HAP Bulletin for 10-31-18
Open Enrollment begins TOMORROW for the individual Health Insurance Marketplace
A few last reminders:
- All clients should make sure they have updated income information to provide to the Marketplace, their broker, or assister.
- Information on all 2019 Marketplace plans, including Summaries of Benefits, provider networks, and formularies, are available on our website here: www.lahap.org/2019-marketplace-plan-information/
- Clients who are simply renewing their 2018 plan do NOT need to provide an Insurance Add/Change Form to LA HAP. However, they MUST provide documentation of their 2019 premium amount to HIP (via fax at 225-927-1267). This applies to clients with both Marketplace AND Medicare coverage. .
- An official “invoice” is NOT necessary—HIP can accept any form of external documentation which references the plan coverage period, amount due, and address to which the premium must be sent. This may be an enrollment screenshot, a letter from insurance company, etc.
- If a plan’s cost-sharing amounts are changing in 2019, the plan name may change but it is still the same plan. For example: the 2018 “Blue Max Copay 70/50 $2800” plan is being renamed the “Blue Max Copay 70/50 $3000” plan in 2019, but this is still the same plan (and no Insurance Add/Change Form is needed).
- LA HAP will not be supporting standalone dental plans in 2019. Mailers will be sent very soon to LA HAP clients which outline changes to our dental coverage policy, and our official Bulletin is also forthcoming.
For any clients who are taking advantage of a Special Enrollment Period (SEP) to enroll in coverage for December:
- Please note that the plan will not be active unless the Marketplace has received all required documentation justifying the SEP. Although HIP may be able to render payment without documentation, it is likely that the plan will be canceled if this information is not provided to the Marketplace.