Resources for Pharmacists
The Louisiana Health Access Program is administered by the Louisiana Office of Public Health. It provides assistance with the costs of medications and insurance coverage to Louisiana residents who meet specified financial and medical criteria.
Member enrollment and eligibility can be verified by calling LA HAP at 504-568-7474.
To request addition to our insured member pharmacy network, contact email email@example.com.
Pharmaceutical claims are adjudicated through Ramsell, LA HAP’s Pharmacy Benefits Manager. Members should present their LA HAP card at the pharmacy to facilitate payment.
For uninsured LA HAP members: LA HAP acts as a primary payer and can be billed for the full cost of any medications on the LA HAP uninsured formulary. Members must visit a pharmacy in the LA HAP network.
- Formulary for Uninsured LA HAP members
- LA HAP Pharmacy Network (uninsured network notated in 2nd column)
For insured LA HAP members: LA HAP acts as a secondary payer and can be billed for any copay, coinsurance or deductible remaining after adjudication by the primary insurer. LA HAP follows the formulary of the member’s primary insurer, with four exclusions as detailed below. Members must visit a pharmacy in both the LA HAP network and in their primary insurer’s network.
- LA HAP Pharmacy Network (insured network notated in 1st column)
- 4 categories of medications excluded from LA HAP coverage:
- Nutritional supplements
- Over-the-counter medication
- Medications prescribed for cosmetic purposes
- Medications prescribed for erectile dysfunction