Hurricane Ida Information for LA HAP members
We’re here for you, and we want to make sure you have everything you need during this time to keep your coverage, get your medications, and stay healthy! Click below to see answers to some common questions:
What do I do if I'm evacuated and I'm in need of medications?
- Clients who visit the same pharmacy chain but in a different location (such as Walgreens or Avita) should inform the pharmacist of their situation and provide the information of their regular pharmacy so the prescription can be appropriately transferred.
- Clients who normally patronize a local, non-chain pharmacy will likely need to contact their physician in order to initiate a fill of their prescription at a new pharmacy. Often, this transfer can be done over the phone.
- Clients who may be displaced to a location outside of Louisiana can work with Reliant Healthcare, Avita Baton Rouge, or Avita New Orleans (2601 Tulane Ave location) to coordinate the temporary shipment of medications to their current address.
Avita New Orleans: 504-822-8013
Avita Baton Rouge: 225-924-1930
Reliant Healthcare: 318-322-8326
I need help finding a pharmacy in the LA HAP network.
Call (504) 568-7474 and ask to speak to a member of the LA HAP staff. If no one answers, please leave a voicemail—the receptionist is likely taking another call. Or use the pharmacy locator tool on the Ramsell website: http://www.ramsellcorp.com/individuals/laInsured.aspx.
Are LA HAP staff in the office? How can I contact them?
LA HAP staff are working remotely. During Hurricane Ida recovery, staff can be reached by leaving a voicemail at (504) 568-7474 or on their direct lines (https://lahap.org/contact/) .
If you have general questions about LA HAP, you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please don’t share any confidential health information in an email. Also, we CANNOT accept LA HAP applications or other paperwork by email.
My LA HAP eligibility expires soon and I am worried I won't be able to recertify on time. What can I do?
If your LA HAP eligibility was supposed to end on August 31st, your eligibility was automatically extended to September 30th, 2021. If you think you will still have trouble recertifying by the end of September, read the rest of these FAQ’s or leave a voicemail at (504) 568-7474 so we can help you go through some options.
I can't get to a fax machine. How can I get my application to you?
Please use the online application and portal at www.lahapenroll.com. If you have trouble with the online application, call (504) 568-7474.
We can NOT accept applications by email.
My work is closed and I can't get proof of my income right now. What can I do?
These are the types of income documentation that LA HAP accepts. If you can’t provide one of those accepted types of documentation, you may write a letter that states how much money you make. LA HAP will only accept such letters until the end of October, and only for people affected by Hurricane Ida. Your letter must:
- Specify your gross income amount (not net); and
- Specify how often you receive this income (yearly, monthly, every 2 weeks, etc.)
- Be signed and dated. You can use an electronic signature or type your name if you can’t print a paper copy to sign, but do not forget the date!
Resources for LA HAP case managers/assisters:
Ryan White Case Management Agencies
Hurricane Ida-specific updates
To receive text alerts from the Governor’s Office pertaining to Hurricane Ida, text ‘IDA’ to 67283
Louisiana Hurricane Ida Sheltering Program
You can check to determine if your Parish HAS available shelters by texting LAShelter to 898211 or dial 211 to locate a shelter.
Additional Comprehensive Ida Resource Guide